Content: The following topics will be included:
- The teacher’s role, responsibilities and boundaries in planning, managing and delivering learning, based around the teaching/training cycle.
- The importance of learning styles and individual differences in learning.
- Issues of entitlement, equality, differentiation, inclusivity and diversity, and ways to promote inclusion.
- The learning environment, e.g. college, institution, community, work and practice-based.
- The concepts of adult teaching.
- Points of referral available to learners.
- Key aspects of current, relevant legislation: generic, i.e. health and safety, equal opportunities, child protection, data protection; subject specific, i.e. legislation related to your area of specialism.